Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Behind Enemy Lines By Bill Doyle


There are ten individual, incredible, and eye opening stories in this book. My two favorites out of these ten stories would be Dukes Dog’s, and Demon Platoon. I like Duke’s Dogs because three dogs save 50 U.S. soldiers from a suicide bomber. I also like Demon Platoon because it shows a bunch of kids who are the worst in the entire camp and turning into one of the best I.E.D. removal teams ever.
         There are three dogs that saved the fifty American soldiers lives. The first one to join the soldiers is Sasha she was picked up from a group of soldiers out on patrol. The second dog that joined the army dogs was Target she was part of a group of wild dogs that ravaged through the base. She had been shot and had rocks thrown at her, hence the name Target. The third and final dog to join the group is Rufus and nobody really knows how he came around; one day he was just, there.
         The second story I like a lot is “Demon Platoon.” It is about a sergeant named Tim Faust, who when he was asked which platoon he wanted, he said the worst. His said reason was “because then I can take them only one way, and that’s up” (Doyle 10). I like this because he takes on all these delinquents. On top of that, in just two months they become the best in the best in the camp. I think that takes a lot of work and determination.

No comments:

Post a Comment